Friday, February 4, 2011

The Gas Station

This may seem like a long movie to you, but I am riveted. Yes, I'm the mother, understood. 

Here's the deal. It's too cold to actually go out, so the kids start riding Garnet's tractor around and Garnet decides it's out of gas. So he and Lydia cook up some painfully silly and disorganized, beautifully choreographed opera about "getting to the gas station". 

Three comments before you watch... 
1. I recently realized I don't have much footage or recording of Garnet's learning how to speak, his early voice and vocabulary, so I'm focusing a lot on him, his piece of the story here. 
2. This is one of the first times Garnet actually created something that truly engrossed both him and Lydia.
3. Notice Garnet's outfit. Looks like a gas station attendant except...

Believe me, there is much more footage. 

Some other moments from the same day...
They were "quiet" for so long... When I checked in on them, they were nestled together in Lydia's bed "cooking fake money" and selling it back to each other. As far as I could tell. 

No comments: