Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lydia Was Sick and Now She's Better

SO SORRY I haven't written. It's been a while and I won't cover everything, but...
Grandma and Grandpa and Lola visited. Lydia had a lovely time chasing Lola around, drawing and playing with Grandma and Grandpa (when Grandpa wasn't stuck in the bathroom with Chaunce re-tiling). She entertained us all as usual.

THEN, our poor baby was sick for a week. Tell me you don't want to cry when you see this droopy face. She was a great patient, sad and snuggly and sleepy. We watched a lot of movies, read a lot of books and ate a lot of ice cream. This is how kids get the idea to fake being sick, no?



And then it was Turkey Day. Lydia perked up for spending the day at Uncle Nick and Aunt Pink's. Great Grandma, MooMoo and Pink's friend Christine were all there AND Lydia had cats to chase!





MooMoo's friends put on a monthly brunch at their watering hole for kids to enjoy. They're called the Muffin Tops, they bring toys to play with, sing swell kids tunes and its quite sweet. Aunt Cathy and Uncle Rob met us there which was very lovely to visit with them. There was a little girl there, also 2 years old, so different from Lydia. She was super friendly and wanted to hold hands, dance, blow bubbles and Lydia just stood there staring at her. She was definitely impressed with her, but it was clear that Lydia needs to process things before diving right in. She has a little suspiciousness about her. 

A funny story I just adore. The other morning Chandler and I woke up to Lydia yelling "No Lola" - Lola being Grandma and Grandpa's dog. I went in to her room to see what was going on, I thought maybe she was talking to her stuffed dog that resembles Lola. Well, Lydia was asleep. When she woke up, she was still talking about Lola so I asked her what happened. Our conversation:
Mama: What happened with Lola?
Lydia: In dream.
Mama: Why are you yelling at Lola?
Lydia: Lola play my books.
Mama: And you don't want Lola to play with your books?
Lydia: No, no play with books. Lola sleeps on the floor.

At the Muffin Tops gig:

No comments: